So this little blogging break I've been on was unintentional at first. I just could not seem to find time to get inspired, let alone to put posts together. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this would be the perfect opportunity to take a short break and regroup, think about what I love about blogging (there are lots of these), think about what I don't love about blogging (there are a handful of these too), and mainly, think about what I want this blog to become and the direction I want to take it in. Unfortunately, I don't know if I've quite landed on an answer yet, but my gut tells me that it's equal parts what I've been doing with this blog, which I've loved, and some new things as well. Whatever it winds up being, I'm really excited to do it! I've really missed my little corner of the internet these last few months.
But believe me, I haven't exactly been just laying around painting my nails and braiding my hair. I've done both of those things, but I've also been wrapped up in some other fun and exciting things, so I think a quick photo update is in order!
1. First things first. In my family, Summer isn't Summer unless you find at least one weekend to get to the beach. Having spent the previous few Summers in Colorado meant that we missed out on this annual pilgrimage, so getting back to the salty sea and 187% humidity made everything seem right with the world again.
2. We also grew our little family with the addition of this pup. Her name is Bailey and she's cuter than your pup. There, I said it.
3. We love our nieces and nephews and while my sister and her hubby were away on a trip this Summer, we got to go into super aunt and uncle mode and take care of them for several days. The hubs and I can get 3 kids in and out of carseats like a BOSS.
4. At long last... we bought a house!!! It is what you would call a "project" or a "new hobby that takes up all of our time and money", but we love it and are so grateful for it.
5. But literally, since then, all we have done is work on the house. And there's so much more work to be done. I think a new part of this blog will probably be a lot of before and after pictures and a bunch of DIY's.
6. This is what we look like these days.
Hope to be back to regular blogging really soon!